Russell is especially honored to be a part of the Zimberlin Law LLC team, representing claimants in Veterans Disability, Connecticut State Employee Disability Retirement, Social Security Disability/SSI, and ERISA/Non-ERISA based Long-Term Disability Insurance plans. At the firm, Russ works very hard in all stages of litigation trying to achieve optimal results for his clients, all while keeping them informed throughout the process.
Russell’s solid work ethic and passion for the law was evident in school, where he graduated from New England Law | Boston near the top of his class.
In his spare time, Russell can be found exploring Hartford and taking in the City’s diverse culture and character (not to mention all the great food). Russell also enjoys watching sports, playing basketball, hiking, biking, reading, and has completed a marathon. Finally, Russell tries to give back to the community by providing pro bono legal representation, guest speaking to fellow attorneys and the general population about issues impacting disability law. Russell stays engaged in the community by being a member of the Hartford County Bar Association, the Connecticut Bar Association, the Manchester Bar Association.
Bar and court admission
Department of Veterans Affairs
Social Security Administration
US Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
J.D. degree from New England Law | Boston
B.S. degree from Temple University
- “Social Security Disability/SSI basics” CT Zebras is an Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome support group for adults and children with EDS, who live in CT, NY, and MA. September 2015
- “Medical Examining Board Appeals and Disabled Connecticut State Employees” Connecticut Bar Association, Administrative Law Section. September 2015
- “Mastering Veterans Benefits & Social Security Law CLE” Rossdale CLE. September 2016
- “The Legal Entrepreneur: Starting a Practice” Connecticut Bar Association. January 2017
- “The Legal Entrepreneur: Marketing your Business” Connecticut Bar Association. March 2017
- “Basics of DUI Law” Manchester Chamber of Commerce. February 2017