Russell represents claimants in Connecticut State Employee Disability Retirement, veteran’s disability and Social Security Disability. At the firm, Russ works very hard in all stages of litigation to achieve optimal results for his clients, all while keeping them informed throughout the process. He has an active hearing practice and also actively practices in the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut.
Russell stays engaged in the community by being a member of the Hartford County Bar Association, the Connecticut Bar Association and the Tolland County Bar Association. He is a member of NOSSCR, the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives and NOVA, the National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates. Russell has served as the Chair of the Connecticut Bar Association’s Disability Law Section and as President of the Tolland County Bar Association. Russell serves on the Executive Board of the Connecticut Bar Association’s Veterans Law and Military Affairs Section.
Russell is a top-rated attorney, selected as a Super Lawyer’s Rising Star. Only a few attorneys from each state are selected for Super Lawyer’s designation. The multi-factor selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and evaluations, as well as professional achievement in legal practice.
In his spare time, Russell can be found exploring Hartford and taking in the City’s diverse culture and character (not to mention all the great food). Russell also enjoys watching sports, playing basketball, hiking, biking, reading, and has completed a marathon. Finally, Russell tries to give back to the community by providing pro bono legal representation, guest speaking to fellow attorneys and the general population about issues impacting disability law.
Bar and court admission
Department of Veterans Affairs
Social Security Administration
US Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
J.D. degree from New England Law | Boston
B.S. degree from Temple University
- “Social Security Disability/SSI basics” CT Zebras is an Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome support group for adults and children with EDS, who live in CT, NY, and MA. September 2015
- “Medical Examining Board Appeals and Disabled Connecticut State Employees” Connecticut Bar Association, Administrative Law Section. September 2015
- “Mastering Veterans Benefits & Social Security Law CLE” Rossdale CLE. September 2016
- “The Legal Entrepreneur: Starting a Practice” Connecticut Bar Association. January 2017
- “The Legal Entrepreneur: Marketing your Business” Connecticut Bar Association. March 2017
- “Basics of DUI Law” Manchester Chamber of Commerce. February 2017